Are you struggling to pay bills during the COVID-19 outbreak? Yakima Federal Savings and Loan wants you to know we understand. To soften the blow of lost income from layoffs and business closures, we are offering up to three months mortgage forbearance to eligible borrowers.
Please contact us if you are having temporary or permanent difficulties in making your mortgage loan payment. We would be happy to explore with you some of the ways you can avoid foreclosure.
Some of these options include
- Using assets you may have to make overdue payments and charges
- Selling your property to preserve your equity
- Refinancing your home loan
- Applying for government homeowner assistance.
You may call us at 1-800-331-3225 (509-248-2634) and ask for our Loan Servicing Department.
We are open between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursdays and 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Fridays.
When calling, please have ready:
- Your loan number
- Financial information including a list of assets and liabilities
- Amounts of all loans or mortgages on your property,
- Estimated value of your home
In addition to speaking with us, you may wish to contact
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development at 1-800-569-4287 who will provide you with a list of housing counselors.
- Department of Financial Institutions at 1-877-746-4334
- Washington State Office of Civil Legal Aid at 1-360-704-4135 for possible assistance or referrals.
Avoid Foreclosure Rescue Scams
Be wary of companies claiming they can offer “foreclosure assistance” or advertise themselves as “foreclosure rescue firms”. These fraudsters will claim they can stop your foreclosure immediately if you sign a document appointing them to act on your behalf, you may well be signing over the title to your property and becoming a renter in your own home! Never sign a legal document without reading and understanding all the terms and getting professional advice from an attorney, a trusted real estate professional, or a HUD approved housing counselor.
More Information Regarding Foreclosure Prevention
Additional information regarding foreclosure prevention can be found at the following websites:
US Department of Housing and Urban Development: http://www.hud.gov/foreclosure/index.cfm
Washington State Dept. of Financial Institutions: http://www.dfi.wa.gov/consumers/homeownership