Award for Academic Excellence 2020
Yakima Federal has established this award for the purpose of recognizing high academic achievers graduating from high school and a resident in Benton, Franklin, Kittitas or Yakima County. It is for those graduates who are accepted by and enrolled in an accredited college, university, community college, or technical school during this year’s fall semester. Up to sixty (60) Scholarships in the amount $2,000 each may be awarded this year. Academic Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant must be a senior level student graduating from high school and a resident in Benton, Franklin, Kittitas or Yakima County. No more than two recipients from a school will be awarded scholarships.
- The scholarship is to be used at a post-high school accredited institution beginning in fall 2020. Failure to enroll will result in withdrawal of the scholarship award. The award will be made payable to the college and sent to the applicant upon Yakima Federal receiving proof of acceptance.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Top ten percent of graduating class;
- Community Service and Leadership activity within and outside the school environment;
- One-page Letter of Motivation outlining your future plans, school and life experiences, including any challenges faced and overcome, the impact of receiving an award plus any additional information to support your selection for an award;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Statement signed by school official indicating anticipated class rank. (Not required for Home Schooled students).
Eligible schools and school districts:
Instructions for Completing and Submitting the Application:
- Fully complete and submit application and required one-page Letter of Motivation
- Submit most recent transcript with cumulative grade point average
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation as follows:
- One letter from a school teacher, counselor or administrator. (If student is home schooled a letter of academic reference will be accepted.)
- One letter from a community member not related to the applicant.
- Application and required documents can be submit online at: YakimaFed.com/scholarship or mailed toYakima Federal Attn: Erin Thierolf P. O. Box 1526 Yakima WA 98907
Deadline for Submission is Friday, April 10, 2020. Applications postmarked after April 10th will not be considered. No more than two recipients from each school will be awarded scholarships. Award winners will be notified by email by June 1, 2020. Any questions regarding the application process can be emailed to: email@example.com
If you meet the requirements, the page will refresh and you will be given a link to the application. (please make sure you have all the documents in hand before beginning application. It will not save your information)