What is an Economic Impact payment?
As part of the COVID-related American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 signed into law on March 11th by President Biden, the federal government is providing payments up to a maximum of $1,400 per eligible individual, also known as Economic Impact Payments, coronavirus tax relief, and government relief checks — to eligible recipients.
Do I qualify for payment?
Yakima Federal Savings and Loan is unable to determine whether you qualify. Your eligibility is determined by the government. To learn more about eligibility and payment amounts, visit IRS.gov/coronavirus.
Do you know when I will receive a payment?
No. Yakima Federal Savings and Loan is unable to determine if or when you will receive a payment, or the manner in which it will be delivered to you.
Can you message me when the deposit is received?
Yes! Our secure app, which is free at Google Play and the Apple App store, will allow you to set up alerts for when specific actions are taken. In this case, add an Account Alert for when a “Deposit is credited to an account”. Make sure that Push Notifications are enabled in the app. An alert will pop up on your phone when a deposit is credited to your account.
How can I check to see if my payment has been deposited?
- Recommended: Download our secure APP for real time balance information from your phone’s APP store and to set up automated alerts to tell you when it is deposited.
- Online Banking on YakimaFed.com
- ATM – Check from virtually any ATM without a fee from Yakima Federal Savings and Loan.
- Bank by phone
How will I receive my payment?
If you’re eligible to receive a payment, you may receive the funds in one of these ways:
- Automatic deposit into the bank account reflected or reported on your 2020 or 2019 tax return. The deposit appears in your account summary as “IRS TREAS XXXX”, or something similar if your payment is coming directly from the IRS. Yakima Federal will not hold back your payment. If you have received a payment, it will be reflected in your account balance.
- By paper check. If you did not file a tax return or have not given the IRS your direct deposit account information in the last two years, you may receive a US Treasury check.
- By prepaid card. Instead of receiving a paper check, some customers will receive a prepaid VISA spending card in the mail. Typically these payments come in an envelope as shown here.
If you have not received your stimulus payment or have questions about these payments, please check the IRS website for updated information.
There is no way for Yakima Federal Savings and Loan to know when you will receive a payment and we do not have any more information than is available on the IRS website.